Northern Beaches Possum Removal Service
Although possums are native animals, from time to time possums can cause damage to commercial or residential property, particularly roof cavities of buildings. They can also keep you awake at night, cause damage to ceiling insulation causing structural damage to your roof, chew electrical wiring and urinate or defecate in your ceiling. Understandably, many property owners want them removed, however the issue of possums being protected in NSW has led to very strict guidelines put in place by NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service “Possum Management Policy” states that:
- A possum must be released on the property and not more than 150m from the point of capture.
- The possum must be released against a structure that they can immediately climb such as a tree of a fence.
- A possum must not be released in an area of identifiable danger where there is a high probability of the possum being killed or injured.
You must hold a Catch and Release Possum Handlers Licence which is supplied by the Office of Environment and Heritage. The capture or otherwise harming of possums by an individual other than a licensed person or commercial catch and release possum handler is illegal.
The team at Clean and Green Pest Management hold all the necessary licenses and training to remove possums from your property.
Our possum removal services include:
- We can remove possums trapped in your roof or house.
- We find and remove dead possums.
- We repair the possum holes in your roof to prevent them from returning.
The process to remove possums from an unwanted area may include:
- First we inspect the inside and outside of you roof for possible holes that the possum or possums are using to get into your roof and patch them up.
- We find out how they are gaining access to your roof, for example, from over hanging branches or electrical / phone wires attached to you house and give you recommendation on house to prevent them gaining access.
- We then install a temporary one way exit door into the roof or over the hole which will funnel them out once the possums have left the roof we will come back and remove the door and patch the hole.
- We may also need to use possum traps depending on the situation.
More information about our Northern Beaches pest control services
If you have any questions about removing wasps or bees from your home or business premises, contact the team at Clean and Green Pest Management for obligation free advice. We are your local Northern Beaches pest controllers specialising in both traditional and the green pest control methods that are safe for your family and pets. Our licensed pest controllers can advise you on the safest and most sustainable ways to control pests including cockroaches, ants, fleas, silverfish, fleas, rodents, spiders, ticks, wasps and bed bug eradication. We can also assist with possum removal and bird control methods. We strive to give you the best experience possible in terms of value for money, explanation and clear communication about how we plan to implement our services and pest control treatments. Click here for a pest removal quote or click the buttons below to get in touch.